MyCase (Access your case online)

A MyCase account is not required to attend a hearing.

We have created an easy guide to help walk you through how to participate in a remote court hearing.


Are you looking for information on Deferred Traffic Prosecution? Click here for more information about that service

Access your case information online using MyCase. MyCase is an online system available from the Utah State Courts. You can use MyCase to:

  • See your case history (a record of what has happened in your case)
  • See the papers that have been filed in your case
  • Pay fines and fees

MyCase is available in almost every type of case.

These types of cases are not available in MyCase:

  • Involuntary commitment
  • Essential treatment
  • Gestational agreement

Do you have an open Debt Collection, Eviction, or ODR Small Claims case? If yes, you can also use MyCase to file documents. 

Both open and closed cases can be accessed in the system. MyCase is available in all district and justice court locations.

There is no fee to use any of these features in MyCase.

Who can use MyCase

MyCase is only for parties to a case. A party is someone suing or being sued in a lawsuit. This is usually the petitioner or plaintiff and the respondent or defendant. You can only use MyCase to view cases in which you are a party. MyCase is NOT for:

  • Businesses, unless they are a party to a small claims case that involves online dispute resolution.
  • Lawyers – they should use their eFiling provider to access case information.
  • Researchers – they should use Xchange.


How to sign up

Visit the MyCase page and click "Create a new MyCase account" to sign up. You will need:

  • an email address,
  • your case number, and
  • your government issued ID (if you have a non-Utah ID, please email with a picture of your ID and your case number - you can also email them to request a secure link to send your ID)

The system will verify your identity and then send you an email with instructions on how to access the system. If you don’t receive an email, please check your spam folder.

If you have problems creating an account email


MyCase is only for the Utah State Courts

MyCase for the Utah State Courts is different from the service available from the Department of Workforce Services. It is also different from any other service any law firm or other organization uses.


Filing papers through MyCase

You can file papers using MyCase for some case types (debt collection, eviction, and small claims). This is available under eDocument Preparation when you click File an eDocument.

When you file your papers in MyCase they are considered submitted. The date you submit your papers is the date your papers are filed. However, court staff must review your papers for them to be accepted and a part of your case. If they accept your papers a day after you submit them your papers will still be considered filed on the date you submitted them.

When you file a paper in MyCase you will be able to see the document listed right away as submitted. Make sure you view the home screen to confirm that your document was submitted.

When you file papers in MyCase you need to serve them on the other parties in your case. Service must be under URCP 5. See our explanation of Service of Other Papers for more information.

Returned papers

If your papers have been returned, you can review them to see why. Returned papers will show up under eDocument Preparation showing a status that says “Revisions Needed.” Click the red exclamation mark to read why the papers were returned. Click on the title or your papers to make any needed changes. If you resubmit papers, they will be considered filed on the date you resubmit them.

Any papers filed in MyCase must still be served on all the other parties in the case. See our page on Serving Papers for more information.

Changing papers after you have filed them

After a paper has been submitted in MyCase it cannot be removed unless the court staff return your papers. If you need to make corrections to a document you filed then you can file an amended pleading. Utah Rule of Civil Procedure 15 describes the rules for filing an amended pleading.


Notifications in MyCase

You might not receive all notifications about your case through MyCase. Although you can sign up to receive email or text notifications, you still need to check the US mail and your email.


Viewing other cases

If you have more than one court case, you can ask to have those cases linked to your MyCase account. This option is available under My Profile. It could take a few days to process your request. Not all case types can be added at this time.

When your cases have been linked you can view all linked cases by clicking on the case number drop down menu in the upper left-hand corner. When you click on one of the cases in the menu, MyCase will display the case information for the case you selected.