Finding Legal Help
You are not required to hire an attorney, but legal matters can be complicated. Consider talking to an attorney to go over your options. See the Finding Legal Help page for information about free and low cost ways to get legal help.
Como encontrar ayuda legal
Usted no está obligado a contratar un abogado, pero los asuntos legales pueden ser complicados. Considere la posibilidad de hablar con un abogado para hablar de sus opciones. Para información sobre cómo obtener ayuda legal vea nuestra página Como encontrar ayuda legal.
The Seventh Judicial District
Seventh District and Juvenile Court COVID-Response
The Seventh District Court is adapting current practices in order to continue to provide the public with services during this period of social distancing in response to the Novel Coronavirus.
We have developed methods for remote contact with the Court and with the Juvenile Probation Department in order to adhere to recommendations from the Utah Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and comply with the Administrative Order issued March 21, 2020. Additional information about these recommendations and the status of court operations throughout the state may be accessed at the Utah State Courts Alerts and Information website.
In order to better protect the community against the spread of the Novel Coronavirus through adequate social distancing, it will be necessary for the Seventh District Court to reschedule certain pending matters. The court will reach out to parties to notify them of these changes. You may search the Court Calendars online. If you are not able to locate the needed information or require clarifying information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Monticello Courthouse (San Juan County)
The San Juan County court facility located in Monticello, UT remains open and accessible for all filings. In cooperation with the San Juan County initiative to slow the community spread of COVID-19 the public entry doors to the courthouse lobby will remain locked. Court staff are available to assist you by phone, email, and in person by appointment during business hours. Please refer to the contact information listed above.
Please contact the courthouse to make an appointment if you are unable to submit your court filings or make a payment electronically. Please see the below instructions for Electronic Filing of Documents and Payments for more information.
The majority of district and juvenile court hearings in Monticello will be conducted remotely. In the event of a face to face hearing, the judge will determine which individuals are needed to be physically present.
You may reach a member of the Juvenile Probation staff by calling their office directly at the following numbers, or via email at email@example.com.
Electronic Filing of Documents
In order to effectively practice social distancing, self-represented litigants and individuals who do not have access to e-filing may electronically file motions and other pleadings by emailing an image (preferable a PDF) of the filing to one of the email addresses listed above. Forms specific to the Seventh District are available below. If you do not find what you are looking for, you may search through all available forms on the court’s website using the search box at the top of the page. Self-represented litigants may file, via email, protective order requests, stalking injunction requests, and pleadings in existing cases, without a handwritten signature. Instead, you should type your name and the date on the signature line provided on the form.
For tips on how to scan documents from your phone, click here. For additional instructions on how to file a protective order or stalking injunction, please see the Filing Protective Orders by Email page. For additional instructions on how to file a pleading on an existing case, see the Filing Documents on Existing Cases by Email page.
All hearings will be conducted remotely unless an in-person hearing is proven necessary. Our remote hearing technology allows for either video or telephone appearance. Both of these functions allow participants to connect via a cellphone, tablet, or laptop. Prior to your remote hearing a member of the court staff will send you an email containing a link or phone number and access code so that you can either click to connect or dial in to join the hearing. For video appearances, there are free apps for android and apple devices to allow for video connections. If you will appear remotely by video, please prepare by downloading the app prior to the hearing and please verify that your webcam (if needed), internal microphone and speakers are activated.
If you wish to request that your hearing be handled remotely, please contact your legal counsel or, if you do not have legal counsel, you may contact the courthouse via the phone number or email listed above.
Much of your communication with the Courts will be best facilitated if you have provided us with a current email address. If you have not provided the courts with an active email address, but wish to do so, please send an email address to the appropriate email from the list above. Please put the words “New Email Address” in the subject line. In the body of the email, please include your name, your mailing address, and your case number (if known).
Fine and restitution payments may be made online using our ePayments system. You will need to know your case number. If you do not know your case number, please call or email us. If you wish to request an extension on your payments or other probation conditions, please contact us.
The Seventh Judicial District
Forms listed on this page are for use in 7th District ONLY.
The 7th District includes Carbon, Emery, Grand, and San Juan Counties.
Seventh District Forms
Note: A Statement of Defendant in Support of Plea(s) and Certificate of Counsel form is required for all class A misdemeanor and felony pleas.
- Request for Copy of Audio Record - PDF
- Request to Record in a courthouse
(See the District Court Administrative Orders below for more information)
Carbon County Forms
- Carbon County Affidavit of Indigency - PDF
- Carbon County Criminal Motion - PDF | Word
- Carbon County Juvenile Court Declaration of Financial Status - PDF | Word
- Carbon County Statement of Defendant in Support of Plea(s) and Certificate of Counsel - PDF
Carbon County Problem Solving Court Forms
- Carbon County Adult Drug Court Participant Handbook - PDF
- Weekly Drug Court Report - PDF
- Phase 2 Request - PDF
- Phase 3 Request - PDF
- Phase 4 Request - PDF
- Phase 5 Request - PDF
- Adult Drug Court Commencement Packet - PDF
- Adult Drug Court Motion - PDF | Word
- Medical Disclosure - PDF
- Carbon County Family Drug Court Participant Handbook - PDF
- Family Drug Court Motion Form - PDF | Word
Emery County Forms
- Emery Affidavit of Indigency - PDF
- Emery County Criminal Motion - PDF | Word
- Emery County Juvenile Court Declaration of Financial Status - PDF | Word
- Emery County Statement of Defendant in Support of Plea(s) and Certificate of Counsel - PDF
Emery County Problem Solving Court Forms
Grand County Forms
- Grand County Criminal Motion - PDF | Word
- Grand County Financial Affidavit - PDF | Word
- Grand County Juvenile Court Declaration of Financial Status - PDF | Word
- Grand County Statement of Defendant in Support of Plea(s) and Certificate of Counsel - PDF
Grand County Problem Solving Court Forms
- Grand County Felony Drug Court Program - PDF
- Grand County Adult Problem Solving Court Motion - PDF | Word
- Grand County Ex Parte Motion to Serve Jail Time Early - PDF
- Grand County Family Dependency Court Participant Handbook - PDF
- Grand County Family Dependency Court Motion - PDF
San Juan County Forms
- San Juan County Criminal Motion - PDF | Word
- San Juan County Financial Affidavit - PDF | Word
- San Juan County Juvenile Court Declaration of Financial Status - PDF | Word
- San Juan County Statement of Defendant in Support of Plea(s) and Certificate of Counsel - PDF
San Juan County Problem Solving Court Forms
- San Juan County Adult Drug Court Participant Handbook - PDF
- San Juan Adult Drug Court Motion - PDF | Word
- Case Management in Domestic Relations Cases for Attorneys Practicing in the Seventh District - PDF
- Misdemeanor A Filings (2-21-2019) - PDF
- Persons Entering District Court are Subject to Search - PDF
District Court Administrative Orders
- Regarding photography, filming, and recording in courthouse: Carbon County - PDF
- Regarding photography, filming, and recording in courthouse: Emery County - PDF
- Regarding photography, filming, and recording in courthouse: Grand County - PDF
- Regarding photography, filming, and recording in courthouse: San Juan County - PDF
Juvenile Court Administrative Orders
- Regarding juvenile court records accessibility to public or private individuals or agencies - PDF
Seventh District Court Locations
Click on the county for location and contact information.
The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.