Accessing Expunged Records
Generally, no one can view information about an expunged case. But there is an exception. If you were a petitioner or plaintiff or a respondent or defendant in an expunged case, you can still get a copy of the case history and the expungement order.
- to prove to the court that you are who you say you are (usually this means you will need to show government-issued identification)
- your case number
If you don’t have these things the court cannot give you a copy of your case history or expungement order. See our Finding Legal Help page for information on how to get legal help.
This process works for any expunged case, including:
- civil stalking injunction or civil protective order cases that were expunged
- criminal cases that were expunged
- eviction cases that were expunged, and
- juvenile court cases that were expunged