Utah Courts


Home Page
Previous Page

Finding Legal Help

You are not required to hire an attorney, but legal matters can be complicated. Consider talking to an attorney to go over your options. See the Finding Legal Help page for information about free and low cost ways to get legal help. 

Como encontrar ayuda legal

Usted no está obligado a contratar un abogado, pero los asuntos legales pueden ser complicados. Considere la posibilidad de hablar con un abogado para hablar de sus opciones. Para información sobre cómo obtener ayuda legal vea nuestra página Como encontrar ayuda legal.

Online Court Assistance Program (OCAP)

The Utah Online Court Assistance Program (OCAP) is the official State of Utah website for assistance in preparing court documents if you are not able to have an attorney draft them for you. This program will not electronically file your documents for you. You will need to print out your documents and file them at the courthouse.

You may use this program for free. If you file OCAP documents on a case requiring a filing fee, a $20.00 document preparation fee will be added to the court filing fees. This program is a service of the Utah Courts and State Legislature.

An account is required to prepare documents using the Online Court Assistance Program.

Case Types Available Using OCAP

Domestic Cases
  • Custody, Support, or Paternity - Petitioner
  • Custody, Support, or Paternity - Respondent
  • Dismiss a Divorce Case - Petitioner
  • Dismiss a Divorce Case - Respondent
  • Divorce Documents - Petitioner
  • Divorce Documents - Respondent (Answer)
  • Documentos de Divorcio
  • Financial Declaration
  • Register Out-of-State Custody Order
  • Register Out-of-State Support Order
  • Temporary Separation - Petitioner
  • Venue - Change of Venue
Enforcing Domestic Orders
  • Order to Show Cause Motion
  • Order to Show Cause Response
  • Order to Show Cause Reply
  • Order to Show Cause Stipulation
  • Order to Show Cause Order
  • Order to Show Cause Objection
Guardian and Conservatorship
  • Guardian/Conservator Test
  • Prepare Annual Reports
  • Terminate Guardian/Conservatorship
  • Guardianship of a Minor Documents
  • Guardianship of an Adult
  • Guardianship of an Adult Child
  • Answers to Interrogatories
Protective/Stalking Orders
  • Civil Stalking
  • Protective Order - Adult
  • Protective Order - Child
  • Protective Order - Dating Violence
Landlords and Tenants
  • Landlord - Eviction Notices
  • Landlord - Eviction Documents for Court
  • Landlord - Possession Bond Documents
  • Landlord - Damage Judgment
  • Tenant - Respond to an Eviction Case
  • Tenant - Respond to a Possession Bond
Small Claims
  • Affidavit and Summons - Plaintiff
  • Counter Affidavit - Defendant
  • Interpleader Affidavit, Summons
  • Appeal Judgment
  • Default Judgment (if needed after hearing)
  • Dismiss Small Claims Case
  • Interpleader Default Judgment
  • Postpone Trial
  • Set Aside Judgment
  • Abstract of Judgment
  • Employment Verification
  • Garnishment
  • Property Seizure
  • Satisfaction of Judgment
  • Supplemental Proceedings

Not all documents required for all types of court cases can be prepared through OCAP. If you do not find the documents you need, go to www.utcourts.gov/selfhelp/.

The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.

Page Last Modified: 9/11/2018
Return to Top

Facebook YouTube Twitter RSS Feeds

Close ×