Finding Legal Help
You are not required to hire an attorney, but legal matters can be complicated. Consider talking to an attorney to go over your options. See the Finding Legal Help page for information about free and low cost ways to get legal help.
Como encontrar ayuda legal
Usted no está obligado a contratar un abogado, pero los asuntos legales pueden ser complicados. Considere la posibilidad de hablar con un abogado para hablar de sus opciones. Para información sobre cómo obtener ayuda legal vea nuestra página Como encontrar ayuda legal.
Online Court Assistance Program (OCAP)
The Online Court Assistance Program is provided to assist court users who do not have an attorney to prepare court documents.
- Choose the interview for your document needs.
- Complete the interview to create your documents.
- Review your documents and make adjustments as needed.
- Print documents to file at the courthouse and serve the other party.
- Return to OCAP to print final documents or other documents when needed.
Watch the video on how to use an OCAP interview (4:48).
An account is required to prepare documents using the Online Court Assistance Program.
Children and/or Family - Divorce
- Divorce - Petitioner
- Divorce Answer - Respondent
- Documentos de Divorcio
Children and/or Family - Other
- Custody and Support, or Paternity/Parentage - Petitioner
- Custody and Support, or Paternity/Parentage - Respondent
- Dismiss a Divorce Case - Petitioner
- Dismiss a Divorce Case - Respondent
- Temporary Separation - Petitioner
- Financial Declaration
- Register Out-of-State Custody Order
- Register Out-of-State Support Order
- Venue - Change of Venue
Enforcing Children and/or Family Orders
- Order to Show Cause Motion
- Order to Show Cause Response
- Order to Show Cause Reply
- Order to Show Cause Stipulation
- Order to Show Cause Order
- Order to Show Cause Objection
Guardianship and Conservatorship
- Guardianship of an Adult
- Guardianship of an Adult Child (for parents only)
- Guardianship of a Minor
- Guardianship/Conservator Test
- Prepare Inventory and Annual Reports
- Terminate Guardianship/Conservatorship
- Employer's Answers to Garnishment Interrogatories
Protective Orders/Stalking Injunction
- Protective Order - Adult
- Cohabitant Protective Order
- Dating Violence Protective Order
- Civil Stalking Injunction
- for Sexual Violence Protective Order, go to
- Protective Order on Behalf of a Child (to be filed in a juvenile court)
Landlord and Tenant
- Landlord - Eviction Notices
- Landlord - Eviction Documents for Court
- Landlord - Damage Judgment
- Tenant - Respond to an Eviction Case
- Tenant - Respond to a Possession Bond
- Affidavit and Summons - Plaintiff
- Counter Affidavit - Defendant
- Interpleader Affidavit, Summons
- Appeal Judgment
- Default Judgment (if needed after hearing)
- Dismiss Small Claims Case
- Interpleader Default Judgment
- Postpone Trial
- Set Aside Judgment
- Abstract of Judgment
- Employment Verification
- Property Seizure
- Satisfaction of Judgment
- Supplemental Proceedings
Not all documents required for all types of court cases can be prepared through OCAP. If you do not find the documents you need, go to www.utcourts.gov/selfhelp/.
The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.