Finding Legal Help
You are not required to hire an attorney, but legal matters can be complicated. Consider talking to an attorney to go over your options. See the Finding Legal Help page for information about free and low cost ways to get legal help.
Como encontrar ayuda legal
Usted no está obligado a contratar un abogado, pero los asuntos legales pueden ser complicados. Considere la posibilidad de hablar con un abogado para hablar de sus opciones. Para información sobre cómo obtener ayuda legal vea nuestra página Como encontrar ayuda legal.
Utah Supreme Court
NOTICE: As a preliminary step toward electronic filing, we request that you submit all original filings without staples or binding (paperclipped is preferred). While we recognize that this is a departure from the Rules of Appellate Procedure, all other requirements under the rules are in force, including binding of copies where applicable.
Attention: Rule 24 Effective November 1, 2017
This Week's Opinions
View the notice of upcoming Opinions from the Utah Supreme Court.
Supreme Court Live Audio Streaming and Audio Archive
Listen to the Oral Arguments.
Supreme Court Opinions
All Supreme Court opinions published since 1996.
Supreme Court Oral Argument Calendars
View oral argument calendars
Practitioner's Guide to Oral Argument Before the Utah Supreme Court - PDF
Supreme Court Standing Orders
Read the Supreme Court Standing Orders.
Appellate Docket Search
Search for appellate cases by case number.
Petitions for Certiorari
View Petitions for Certiorari.
The Utah Court of Appeals created the Appellate Mediation Office in 1998 to allow parties an alternative method of resolving their disputes.
Overview of the Utah Supreme Court
Read about the functions of the Utah Supreme Court.
Supreme Court Justices
Read the biographies of the Supreme Court Justices.
Appellate Court Checklists
- Checklist for Appellate Jurisdiction - PDF | Word
- Checklist for Petitions: Writ of Certiorari - PDF
- Checklist for Briefs - PDF
- Checklist for Appellant's Reply Briefs - PDF
- Checklist for Petition for Rehearing - PDF
- Certificate of Compliance with Rule 24(a)(11) - PDF | Word
Appellate Procedure Guides and Forms
See our Appeals page
Brief on Disc
- Order for Temporary Amendments to Bar Admission Procedures During COVID-19 Outbreak (4/21/2020) - PDF
Fees & Filing Information
- Fees & Filing Information - PDF
- Appellate Clerk's Office
Hours and Location
- Appellate Court Fees and Information - PDF
- Cameras in Appellate Courtrooms - PDF
- Clerkships in the Courts
- Court Reporters Approved to Report Proceedings in a Capital Case - PDF
- Court Transcribers (Official List) - PDF
- Notification Service
Get e-mail notification when Appellate opinions are posted.
- Problem Solving Courts
- Resources for Attorneys
- State Law Library
Hours, location and resources.
- Supreme Court Directory
- Court of Appeals Directory
- Utah Standards of Professionalism and Civility
as recommended by the Supreme Courts' Advisory Committee on Professionalism.
- Webex Etiquette Guide for Utah Court of Appeals Oral Argument - PDF
- Webex Etiquette Guide for Utah Supreme Court Oral Argument - PDF
The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.