Finding Legal Help
You are not required to hire an attorney, but legal matters can be complicated. Consider talking to an attorney to go over your options. See the Finding Legal Help page for information about free and low cost ways to get legal help.
Como encontrar ayuda legal
Usted no está obligado a contratar un abogado, pero los asuntos legales pueden ser complicados. Considere la posibilidad de hablar con un abogado para hablar de sus opciones. Para información sobre cómo obtener ayuda legal vea nuestra página Como encontrar ayuda legal.
5th District Juvenile Court: How to Dress for Court
- Dress in your nicest clothes.
- Dress conservatively and, when appropriate, wear good quality clothing.
- If you have a choice, always dress as well as the other people who may appear in court.
- Always be neat and clean.
- Wear only functional jewelry (e.g., rings and wrist watch).
- Avoid wearing items that may identify a personal association with any group, gang or club.
- Avoid wearing nose rings, hats, or piercing's.
- Be respectful.
- Avoid being perceived as being silly, cocky, argumentative, bored or defensive.
- Never chew gum or have related substances in your mouth while testifying. It interferes with clear speech.
- Show respect to all of the courtroom officials. Be particularly attentive when the Judge is speaking. Listen to what s/he is saying and be prepared to respond, if necessary.
- If you must address the Court staff, use their respective titles.
- Addressing the judge: "Your Honor."
- Addressing the bailiff: "Mr. Bailiff" or "Officer."
The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.