Finding Legal Help
You are not required to hire an attorney, but legal matters can be complicated. Consider talking to an attorney to go over your options. See the Finding Legal Help page for information about free and low cost ways to get legal help.
Como encontrar ayuda legal
Usted no está obligado a contratar un abogado, pero los asuntos legales pueden ser complicados. Considere la posibilidad de hablar con un abogado para hablar de sus opciones. Para información sobre cómo obtener ayuda legal vea nuestra página Como encontrar ayuda legal.
Welcome! The Utah State Courts' Self-Help Center (SHC) provides free legal help to people who do not have a lawyer.
The SHC provides information to help you understand your rights and responsibilities, and to help you resolve your legal problems on your own if you cannot afford an attorney or if you choose not to hire one. We look forward to helping you.
Self-Help Center staff attorneys can:
- answer questions about the law, court process and options
- provide court forms and instructions and help completing forms
- provide information about your case
- provide information about mediation services, legal advice and representation through pro bono and low cost legal services, legal aid programs and lawyer referral services
- provide information about resources provided by law libraries
A Few Cautions
- The SHC cannot give you legal advice or represent you in court.
- The SHC attorney is not your lawyer.
Self-Help Center Services
- Finding Legal Help
- OCAP: Document Preparation for Selected Cases
- Self-Help Resources
- Utah State Law Library
The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.