NOMINEES ANNOUNCED FOR ROY CITY JUSTICE COURT VACANCY
Roy, UT—The Weber County Nominating Commission has selected five nominees for an upcoming vacancy in the Roy City Justice Court. The position will replace Judge R. Scott Waterfall who retired effective Oct. 31, 2016.
Following are the nominees followed by place of employment and residence:
• Christopher George Davis, J.D., Attorney at Law, resident of Roy
• Trent Dee Nelson, J.D., Roy City Assistant Attorney/Prosecutor, resident of Kaysville
• Paul H. Olds, J.D., Attorney at Law, resident of Pleasant View
• Laura Kaye Thompson, J.D., Utah Attorney General’s Office, resident of Ogden
• Padma Veeru-Collings, J.D., Attorney at Law, resident of Kaysville
A comment period will be held through Dec. 8, 2016, before a final candidate is selected by the Mayor of Roy City, Willard S. Cragun, who has 30 days to make an appointment. The appointment is subject to ratification by the Roy City Council. The Utah Judicial Council must then certify the appointment. To submit written comments about the candidates, contact Melisse Stiglich, Administrative Office of the Courts, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #