NOMINEES ANNOUNCED FOR OGDEN CITY JUSTICE COURT VACANCY
Ogden, UT—The Weber County Nominating Commission has selected five nominees for an upcoming vacancy in the Ogden City Justice Court. The position will replace Judge Dee William Smith, who will resign effective Jan. 2017.
Following are the nominees followed by place of employment and residence:
• Michael Sam Junk, J.D., Ogden, Harrisville and Riverdale City Prosecutor, Adjunct Professor at Weber State University, resident of Ogden
• Trent Dee Nelson, J.D., Roy City Assistant Attorney/Prosecutor, resident of Kaysville
• Paul H. Olds, J.D., Attorney at Law, resident of Pleasant View
• Clay Willard Stucki, J.D., Stucki & Rencher, resident of Ogden
• Padma Veeru-Collings, J.D., Attorney at Law, resident of Kaysville
A comment period will be held through Dec. 8, 2016, before a final candidate is selected by the Mayor of Ogden City, Mike Caldwell, who has 30 days to make an appointment. The appointment is subject to ratification by the Ogden City Council. The Utah Judicial Council must then certify the appointment. To submit written comments about the candidates, contact Melisse Stiglich, Administrative Office of the Courts, at email@example.com.
# # #