URCP086. Licensed Paralegal Practitioners. NEW. Addresses applicability of Utah Rules of Civil Procedure to Licensed Paralegal Practitioners.
URCP065C. Post-conviction relief. AMEND. Addresses service of post-conviction petitions and the underlying court record.
URCrP004. Prosecution by information.
URCrP006. Warrant of arrest or summons.
CJA11-0401.Standing Committee on Appellate Representation and the Appellate Roster. Amend.
URAP038B. Qualifications for Appointed Appellate Counsel. Amend.
URAP058. Ruling. Amend.
The following is a brief summary of the rule amendments:
- Updates terminology in Rule 11-401 to address legislative changes;
- Addresses in Rule 11-401 the addition to the Appellate Roster of appeals of private parental termination cases from the district court;
- Adds a mentoring provision to Rule 11-401;
- Adds a rolling admissions provision to Rule 11-401;
- Addresses in Rule 11-401 the Indigent Defense Commission’s role with the committee;
- Merges the provisions of Appellate Rule 38B into Rule 11-401;
- Addresses in Rules 38B and 11-401 the role of attorneys’ contracts with government entities to represent indigent individuals on appeal prior to Rule 11-401’s adoption;
- Addresses the tension between Rule 55 and the child welfare appellate roster in Rule 58;
- Adds transparency to the Appellate Roster vetting process; and
- Amends the Appellate Roster reconsideration process.
CJA04-0410. Courthouse closure. NEW RULE – Outlines procedure for closure of a courthouse, including responsibilities of presiding judges and court management.
Changes to rules clarify the definitions of an “Accredited Program” and “National Certification” in the LPP licensure rules.
RGLPP15-0703. Qualification for licensure as a licensed paralegal practitioner.
CJA04-0103. Civil Calendar Management. AMEND – Clarify mandate in rule language by removing reference to Utah Rules of Civil Procedure.
CJA04-0401.02. Possession and Use of Portable Electronic Devices. AMEND – Provides avenue for JPEC to conduct pilot program for conducting basic evaluation in certain justice courts using video recording and transmission.
URCrP009. The proposed amendments modify the times within which a defendant must appear in court after a warrantless arrest when the defendant has been unable to meet the release conditions set by the magistrate.
URCrP009A. The proposed amendments modify the times within which a defendant must appear in court when the defendant has been arrested pursuant to a warrant and has been unable to meet the release conditions set by the court.
URCP100. Coordination of cases pending in district court and juvenile court. Amend. To ensure better coordination of cases between courts, Rule 100 is amended to clarify that parties who have a child custody case in one court must notify that court of any other custody case in another court involving the same party or the same child. Custody cases include minor guardianship.
URCrP014. Subpoenas. The proposed amendments redefine and clarify the processes for taking and using testimony of a material witness, and for obtaining information for a victim.
URCP026.04. Provisions governing disclosure and discovery in contested proceedings under Title 75 of the Utah Code. New. Carves out the circumstances under which an objection to a probate petition may be made, as well as the initial disclosures and timelines for discovery.
CJA06-506. Procedure for contested matters filed in the probate court. New. Codifies a long-standing probate mediation practice in the Third District, makes probate mediation statewide, institutes a pre-mediation conference, and addresses the role of interested persons.