USB14-0515. Access to disciplinary information. Amended. The amendments to Rule 14-515 clarify that the confidentiality requirements do not apply to the complainant.
CJA04-0103. Civil Calendar Management. AMEND – Clarifies mandate in rule language by removing reference to Utah Rules of Civil Procedure.
CJA04-0401.02. Possession and Use of Portable Electronic Devices. AMEND – Provides avenue for JPEC to conduct pilot program for completing basic evaluations in certain justice courts using video recording and transmission.
Changes to rules clarify the definitions of an “Accredited Program” and “National Certification” in the LPP licensure rules.
URGLPP15-0701. Definitions. Amended.
URGLPP15-0703. Qualifications for Licensure as a Licensed Paralegal Practitioner. Amended.
URCrP007B. Preliminary examinations. Amended. The amendment states that a motion to quash a bindover will be decided by the judge to whom the case is assigned after bindover.
URCrP027. Stays of sentence pending motions for new trial or appeal from courts of record. Amended. The amendments will allow a defendant to seek a stay upon filing a motion for a new trial.
URCP086. Licensed Paralegal Practitioners. New. Addresses the applicability of the Utah Rules of Civil Procedure to Licensed Paralegal Practitioners.
URCP100. Coordination of cases pending in district court and juvenile court. Amend. To ensure better coordination of cases between courts, Rule 100 is amended to clarify that parties who have a child custody case in one court must notify that court of any other custody case in another court involving the same party or the same child. Custody cases include minor guardianship.
CJA11-0401. Standing Committee on Appellate Representation and the Appellate Roster. Amend.
URAP038B. Qualifications for Appointed Appellate Counsel. Amend.
URAP058. Ruling. Amend.
- Updates terminology in Rule 11-401 to address legislative changes;
- Addresses in Rule 11-401 the addition to the Appellate Roster of appeals of private parental termination cases from the district court;
- Adds a mentoring provision to Rule 11-401;
- Adds a rolling admissions provision to Rule 11-401;
- Addresses in Rule 11-401 the Indigent Defense Commission’s role with the committee;
- Merges the provisions of Appellate Rule 38B into Rule 11-401;
- Addresses in Rules 38B and 11-401 the role of attorneys’ contracts with government entities to represent indigent individuals on appeal prior to Rule 11-401’s adoption;
- Addresses the tension between Rule 55 and the child welfare appellate roster in Rule 58;
- Adds transparency to the Appellate Roster vetting process; and
- Amends the Appellate Roster reconsideration process.
URCP109. Injunction in certain domestic relations cases. New. Provides that in certain domestic relations cases, an injunction will enter upon the filing of the case. Its provisions address areas such as disposing of property, disturbing the peace of the other party, committing domestic violence, using the other party’s identification to obtain credit, interfering with telephone or utility service, modifying insurance, and behavior around the minor children. The injunction is binding on the petitioner upon filing the initial petition and on the respondent after the filing of the initial petition and upon receipt of a signed copy of the injunction as entered by the court.
CJA04-0202.02. Records Classification. AMEND – Adds licensed paralegal practitioners to the public indexes in paragraph (2)(L) and makes the business contact information of licensed paralegal practitioners appearing in a case public in paragraph (2)(O).
URAP045. Review of judgments, orders, and decrees of court of appeals. Amend. Conforms the rule to current practice in providing that unless the rule requires otherwise, every reference in Rules 45 through 51 to a petition or petitioner includes a cross-petition or cross-petitioner, respectively.
CJC04.1. AMEND. The proposal will exempt judicial candidates from certain prohibitions on political activity.