Rules Governing the Utah State Bar – Effective June 8, 2022
USB14-0807. Law school student and law school graduate legal assistance. AMEND.
- Amendments extend law school graduate practice eligibility:
- from one year to eighteen months after graduation, and
- from one failed Bar exam attempt to two failed Bar exam attempts.
- Amendments also fix a number of formatting issues, simplify language, and add headings for easier application.
- New paragraph (g)(3)(G) provides that if a 14-807 practitioner substantially aids in the preparation of written materials in an appellate case, including briefs and memoranda, the supervising attorney may, at the attorney’s discretion, credit the 14-807 practitioner by including the practitioner’s name on the filing below the supervising attorney’s name.