NOMINEES ANNOUNCED FOR SALT LAKE CITY JUSTICE COURT VACANCY
Salt Lake City, UT—The Salt Lake County Nominating Commission has selected five nominees for a judicial vacancy in the Salt Lake City Justice Court. The position will replace Judge L.G. Cutler who retired effective Feb. 28, 2019.
Following are the nominees followed by place of employment and residence:
• Matthew Barraza, J.D., Attorney at Law, resident of Salt Lake City
• Remington “Jiro” Johnson, J.D., Attorney at Law, resident of Cottonwood Heights
• Katherine Peters, J.D., Attorney at Law, resident of Salt Lake City
• Heather Thuet, J.D., Attorney at Law, resident of Salt Lake City
• Jenifer Tomchak, J.D., Attorney at Law, resident of Salt Lake City
A comment period will be held through April 19, 2019. A final candidate will then be selected by Salt Lake City Mayor, Jackie Biskupski, who has 30 days to make an appointment. The appointment is subject to ratification by the Salt Lake City Council. The Utah Judicial Council must then certify the appointment. To submit written comments about the candidates, please contact Amy Hernandez at email@example.com.
# # #