Utah Rules of Juvenile Procedure
Search the Utah Rules of Juvenile Procedure
Section I General Provisions
- Rule 1 Scope and effective date.
- Rule 2 Applicability of Rules of Civil Procedure and Criminal Procedure.
- Rule 3 Style of pleadings and forms.
- Rule 4 Time.
- Rule 5 Definitions.
Section II Detention; Warrants; Bail
- Rule 6 Admission to detention without court order.
- Rule 7 Warrants for immediate custody of minors; grounds; execution of warrants; search warrants.
- Rule 7A Pick up orders.
- Rule 8 Rights of minor while in detention.
- Rule 9 Detention hearings; scheduling; hearing procedure.
- Rule 10 Bail for non-resident minors.
- Rule 11 Time limits on detention orders.
Section III Shelter
Section IV Pre-petition Procedures
- Rule 14 Reception of referral; preliminary determination.
- Rule 15 Preliminary inquiry; informal adjustment without petition.
Section V Petition; Service; Pre-Trial Pleadings; Discover
- Rule 16 Transfer of delinquency case for preliminary inquiry.
- Rule 17 The petition.
- Rule 18 Summons; service of process; notice.
- Rule 19 Responsive pleadings and motions.
- Rule 19A Motions and Orders.
- Rule 19B Motions for expedited hearings.
- Rule 19C Delinquency, traffic and adult criminal matters.
- Rule 20 Discovery.
- Rule 20A Discovery in non-delinquency proceedings.
Section VI Proceedings under Sections 78A-6-702 and 78A-6-703
- Rule 21 Warrant of arrest or summons in cases under Section 78A-6-702 and Section 78A-6-703.
- Rule 22 Initial appearance and preliminary examination in cases under Section 78A-6-702 and Section 78A-6-703.
- Rule 23 Hearing to waive jurisdiction and certify under Section 78A-6-703; bind over to district court.
- Rule 23A Hearing on conditions of Section 78A-6-702; bind over to district court.
Section VII Proceedings Relating to Delinquency Matters
- Rule 24 Arraignment.
- Rule 25 Pleas.
- Rule 25A Withdrawal of plea.
- Rule 26 Rights of minors in delinquency proceedings.
- Rule 27 Fingerprinting, photographing, and regulating discovery; HIV testing.
- Rule 27A Admissibility of statements given by minors.
- Rule 28 Scheduling of minors' cases.
- Rule 29 Multiple county offenses.
- Rule 29A Visual recording of statement or testimony of child victim or witness of sexual or physical abuse - Conditions of admissibility.
- Rule 29B Hearings with remote conferencing from a different location.
Section VIII Citable Offenses, Truancy Offenses and Status Offenses
- Rule 30 Citations; applicable offenses and procedures; bail.
- Rule 31 Initiation of truancy proceedings.
- Rule 32 Initiation of ungovernability and runaway cases.
Section IX Proceedings Relating to Neglect, Abuse and Dependency and Related Non-Delinquency Matters
- Rule 33 Preliminary orders and summary proceedings.
- Rule 34 Pre-trial hearing in non-delinquency cases.
- Rule 35 Pre-trial procedures.
- Rule 36 Cases coordinated with the district court.
- Rule 37 Child protective orders.
- Rule 37A Visual recording of statement or testimony of child in abuse, neglect and dependency proceedings - Conditions of admissibility.
- Rule 37B Hearings with remote conferencing from a different location.
Section X Proceedings Relating to Adults
Section XI Trials
Section XII Adjudication and Judgment
- Rule 44 Findings and conclusions.
- Rule 45 Pre-disposition reports and social studies.
- Rule 46 Disposition hearing.
- Rule 47 Reviews and modification of orders.
- Rule 48 New hearings.
Section XIII Miscellaneous Rules
- Rule 49 Adoptions.
- Rule 50 Presence at hearings.
- Rule 51 Violation of probation and contempt by a minor.
- Rule 52 Appeals.
- Rule 53 Appearance and withdrawal of counsel.
- Rule 54 Continuances.
- Rule 55 Transfer of minors who present a danger in detention.
- Rule 56 Expungement.
- Rule 57 Change of judge as a matter of right.
- Rule 58 Victim rights.
- Rule 59 Material witnesses.
- Rule 60 Judicial bypass procedure to authorize minor to consent to an abortion.
The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.