Appendix of Forms
For more forms, go to Self-Help Resources.
The following forms are intended for illustration only. They are limited in number and do not purport to be a manual of forms.
Except where otherwise indicated each pleading, motion, and other paper should have a caption similar to that of Form 1. In the caption of the summons and in the caption of the complaint all parties must be named; but in other pleadings and papers, it is sufficient to state the name of the first party on either side, with an appropriate indication of other parties. See Rules 4(c), 7(b)(2), and 10(a). The number of the action should be indicated in the caption of all papers filed.
Each pleading, motion, and other paper is to be signed by at least one attorney of record in his\her individual name (Rule 11). The attorney's name is to be followed by the attorney's firm name (if any) and address as indicated in Form 1. In forms following Form 1 the signature and address are not indicated.
If a party is not represented by an attorney, the signature and address of the party are required in place of those of the attorney.
- Form 1: Caption and Signature Block - PDF | Word
- Form 2: 21 Day Summons - PDF | Word
- Form 3: 10 Day Summons - PDF | Word
- Form 3a: Notice of Lawsuit and Request for Waiver of Service of Summons∗ - PDF | Word
- Form 3b: Waiver of Service of Summons∗ - PDF | Word
- Form 4: Complaint -- Promissory Note - PDF | Word
- Form 5: Complaint -- Multiple Claims - PDF | Word
- Form 6: Complaint -- Mortgage Foreclosure - PDF | Word
- Form 7: Complaint -- Interpleader - PDF | Word
- Form 8: Complaint -- Declaratory Judgment - PDF | Word
- Form 9: Complaint -- Injunctive Relief - PDF | Word
- Form 10: Motion to Dismiss -- Failure to State a Claim - PDF | Word
- Form 11: Answer with Counterclaim and Cross-claim - PDF | Word
- Form 12: Third Party Complaint - PDF | Word
- Form 13: Motion to Intervene of Right Under Rule 24(a) - PDF | Word
- Form 14: Motion for Permissive Intervention Under Rule 24(b) - PDF | Word
- Form 15: Application for Temporary Restraining Order - PDF | Word
- Form 16: Application for Preliminary Injunction - PDF | Word
- Form 17: Attorney Certification of Notice Pursuant to Rule 65a(b)(1) - PDF | Word
- Form 18: Interrogatories - PDF | Word
- Form 19: Request for Production of Documents - PDF | Word
- Form 20: Requests for Admission - PDF | Word
- Form 21: Motion for Summary Judgment - PDF | Word
- Form 22: Judgment - PDF | Word
- Form 23: Verified Memorandum of Costs - PDF | Word
- Form 38: Writ of Habeas Corpus - PDF | WordPerfect
- Form 47: Petition for Post-Conviction Relief - PDF | Word
∗ Rule 4(f) waiver of service was repealed on November 1, 2016.
The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.