Finding Legal Help
You are not required to hire an attorney, but legal matters can be complicated. Consider talking to an attorney to go over your options. See the Finding Legal Help page for information about free and low cost ways to get legal help.
Como encontrar ayuda legal
Usted no está obligado a contratar un abogado, pero los asuntos legales pueden ser complicados. Considere la posibilidad de hablar con un abogado para hablar de sus opciones. Para información sobre cómo obtener ayuda legal vea nuestra página Como encontrar ayuda legal.
Utah Rules Of Appellate Procedure
Title I Applicability of Rules
Title II Appeals from Judgments and Orders of Trial Courts
- Rule 3 Appeal as of right: how taken.
- Rule 4 Appeal as of right: when taken.
- Rule 5 Discretionary appeals from interlocutory orders.
- Rule 6 Bond for costs on appeal.
- Rule 7 Security: proceedings against sureties.
- Rule 8 Stay or injunction pending appeal.
- Rule 8A RENUMBERED TO RULE 23C
- Rule 9 Docketing statement.
- Rule 10 Motion for summary disposition.
- Rule 11 The record on appeal.
- Rule 12 Transmission of the record.
- Rule 13 Notice of filing by clerk.
Title III Review and Enforcement of Orders of Administrative Agencies, Commissions, and Committees
- Rule 14 Review of administrative orders: how obtained; intervention.
- Rule 15 Petitions for review in tax cases.
- Rule 16 [Reserved.]
- Rule 17 Stay pending review.
- Rule 18 Applicability of other rules to review.
Title IV Extraordinary Writs; Habeas Corpus
Title V General Provisions
- Rule 21 Filing and service.
- Rule 22 Computation and enlargement of time.
- Rule 23 Motions.
- Rule 23A Motion for reinstatement of appeal.
- Rule 23B Motion to remand for findings necessary to determination of ineffective assistance of counsel claim.
- Rule 23C Motion for emergency relief.
- Rule 24 Principal and rely briefs.
- Rule 24A. Briefs in cross-appeals.
- Rule 25 Brief of an amicus curiae or guardian ad litem.
- Rule 25A Challenging the constitutionality of a statute or ordinance.
- Rule 26 Filing and serving briefs.
- Rule 27 Form of briefs.
- Rule 28 Prehearing conference.
- Rule 28A Appellate mediation office.
- Rule 29 Oral arguments.
- Rule 30 Decision of the court: dismissal; notice of decision.
- Rule 31 Expedited appeals decided after oral argument without written opinion.
- Rule 32 Interest on judgment.
- Rule 33 Damages for delay or frivolous appeal; recovery of attorney's fees.
- Rule 34 Award of costs.
- Rule 35 Petition for rehearing.
- Rule 36 Issuance of remittitur.
- Rule 37 Suggestion of mootness; voluntary dismissal.
- Rule 38 Substitution of parties.
- Rule 38A Withdrawal of counsel.
- Rule 38B Qualifications of appointed appellate counsel.
- Rule 39 Duties of the clerk.
- Rule 40 Attorney's or party's signature; representation to the courts; sanctions and discipline.
Title VI Certification and Transfer Between Courts
- Rule 41 Certification of questions by law of United States courts.
- Rule 42 Transfer of case from Supreme Court to Court of Appeals.
- Rule 43 Certification by the Court of Appeals to the Supreme Court.
- Rule 44 Transfer of improperly pursued appeals.
Title VII Jurisdiction on Writ of Certiorari to Court of Appeals
- Rule 45 Review of judgments, orders, and decrees of court of appeals.
- Rule 46 Considerations governing review of certiorari.
- Rule 47 Transmission of record; joint and separate petitions; cross-petitions; parties.
- Rule 48 Time for petitioning.
- Rule 49 Petition for writ of certiorari.
- Rule 50 Brief in opposition; reply brief; brief of amicus curiae.
- Rule 51 Disposition of petition for writ of certiorari.
Title VIII Appeals from Child Welfare Proceedings
- Rule 52 Child welfare appeals.
- Rule 53 Notice of appeal.
- Rule 54 Transcript of proceedings.
- Rule 55. Petition on appeal.
- Rule 56. Response to petition on appeal.
- Rule 57. Record on appeal; transmission of record.
- Rule 58. Ruling.
- Rule 59. Extensions of time.
- Rule 60. Judicial bypass appeals.
The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.