Rule1-304. General authority and duties.
To identify the responsibility of theBoards:
(1) to adoptadministrative rules in accordance with the standards and guidelines of theCouncil and subject to ratification by the Council;
(2) to proposerules of procedure and evidence to Supreme Court Advisory Committees;
(3) to coordinatethe adoption of local supplemental rules;
(4) to advise theCouncil;
(5) to supervisethe implementation of Council policies;
(6) to serve asliaison between the local courts and judges and the Council;
(7) to developstate-wide master plans for budget and legislative priorities; and
(8) to assure thatthe Council, as the ultimate authority for the administration of the judiciary,controls the direction of policy development by ratification of the rules ofthe Boards.
This rule shall apply to all Boards, exceptthe Board of Senior Judges. This rule may be supplemented by a specific grantof authority to a particular Board.
Statement of the Rule:
(1) All rules of the Boards shall be subjectto ratification by the Council. The Council may ratify a rule of a Boardwithout a 45-day comment period. Rules of the Boards shall not be inconsistentwith the rules, standards, and goals established by the Council or the rules ofthe Supreme Court and shall not be inconsistent with law.
(2) Each Board shall develop uniform rulesfor the operation of its respective court in accordance with standards andgoals established by the Council.
(3) Each Board shall distribute its proposedrules to affected agencies and individuals for comment prior to adoption.
(4) Each Board shall present its adoptedrules to the Council for ratification. The rules of the Boards shall be printedin this Code, shall be in a format identical to that prescribed by this Codeand shall be numbered sequentially to facilitate publication and reference.
(5) Each Board may submit to the Councilrecommendations for legislation or rules.
(6) Each Board shall study and makerecommendations concerning issues referred by the Council.
(7) Each Board shall develop and recommendto the Council budget and legislative priorities for its courts.
(8) The Board of District Court Judges andthe Board of Juvenile Court Judges shall meet with the presiding judges of thedistricts at least annually.
(9) The state court administrator shallsubmit for approval to the Board the name of the appointee to the position ofstate level administrator for that court.
(10) Each Board shall be responsible forinforming the judges of its respective court of an invitation by the Council tocomment upon a proposed Council rule or any other action by the Council.
(11) The Boards shall have such otherauthority and responsibility as delegated by the Council.