To establishexecutive committees of the Council.
To identify theresponsibility and authority of the executive committees.
To identify themembership and composition of the executive committees.
To establishprocedures for executive committee meetings.
This rule shallapply to the judiciary.
Statement ofthe Rule:
(1) Thefollowing executive committees of the Council are hereby established: (a) theManagement Committee; (b) the Policy and Planning Committee; and (c) theLiaison Committee.
(2) TheManagement Committee shall be comprised of at least four Council members, oneof whom shall be the Presiding Officer of the Council. Three Committee membersconstitute a quorum. The Presiding Officer of the Council or PresidingOfficer's designee shall serve as the Chair. When at least three membersconcur, the Management Committee is authorized to act on behalf of the entireCouncil when the Council is not in session and to act on any matterspecifically delegated to the Management Committee by the Council. TheManagement Committee is responsible for managing the agenda of the Councilconsistently with Rule 2-102 of this Code. The Management Committee isresponsible for deciding procurement protest appeals.
(3) The Policyand Planning Committee shall recommend to the Council new and amended rules forthe Code of Judicial Administration and the Human Resource Policies andProcedures Manual. The committee shall recommend to the Council periodic andlong term planning efforts as necessary for the efficient administration ofjustice. The committee shall research and make recommendations regarding anymatter referred by the Council.
(4) The LiaisonCommittee shall recommend to the Council legislation to be sponsored by theCouncil. The committee shall review legislation affecting the authority,jurisdiction, organization or administration of the judiciary. When theexigencies of the legislative process preclude full discussion of the issues bythe Council, the Committee may endorse or oppose the legislation, take noposition or offer amendments on behalf of the Council.
(5) Members ofthe executive committees must be members of the Council. Each executivecommittee shall consist of at least three members appointed by the Council toserve at its pleasure. The members of the Policy and Planning Committee and theLiaison Committee shall elect their respective chairs annually and select a newchair at least once every two years.
(6) Eachcommittee shall meet as often as necessary to perform its responsibilities, buta minimum of four times per year. Each committee shall report to the Council asnecessary.
(7) TheAdministrative Office shall serve as the secretariat to the executivecommittees.