Rule 1-204.? Executivecommittees.
To establish executive committees of the Council.
To identify the responsibility and authority of the executivecommittees.
To identify the membership and composition of the executivecommittees.
To establish procedures for executive committee meetings.
This ruleshall apply to the judiciary.
Statement of the Rule:
(1) Thefollowing executive committees of the Council are hereby established: (a) theManagement Committee; (b) the Policy and Planning Committee; (c) the LiaisonCommittee; and (d) the Budget and Fiscal Management Committee.
(2) TheManagement Committee shall be comprised of at least four Council members, oneof whom shall be the Presiding Officer of the Council. Three Committee membersconstitute a quorum. The Presiding Officer of the Council or PresidingOfficer's designee shall serve as the Chair. When at least three membersconcur, the Management Committee is authorized to act on behalf of the entireCouncil when the Council is not in session and to act on any matterspecifically delegated to the Management Committee by the Council. TheManagement Committee is responsible for managing the agenda of the Councilconsistently with Rule 2-102 of this Code. The Management Committee isresponsible for deciding procurement protest appeals.
(3) ThePolicy and Planning Committee shall recommend to the Council new and amended rules forthe Code of Judicial Administration.?The committee shall recommend to the Council new and amended policies,or repeals, for the Human Resource Policies and Procedures Manual,pursuant to Rule 3-402. The committee shall recommend to the Council periodicand long term planning efforts as necessary for the efficient administration ofjustice. The committee shall research and make recommendations regarding anymatter referred by the Council.
(4) TheLiaison Committee shall recommend to the Council legislation to be sponsored bythe Council. The committee shall review legislation affecting the authority,jurisdiction, organization or administration of the judiciary. When theexigencies of the legislative process preclude full discussion of the issues bythe Council, the Committee may endorse or oppose the legislation, take noposition or offer amendments on behalf of the Council.
(5) TheBudget and Fiscal Management Committee shall review court budget proposals,recommend fiscal priorities and the allocation of funds, and makerecommendations to the Council regarding budget management and budgetdevelopment in accordance with Rule 3-406.
(6) Membersof the executive committees must be members of the Council. Each executivecommittee shall consist of at least three members appointed by the Council toserve at its pleasure. The members of the Policy and Planning Committee and theLiaison Committee shall elect their respective chairs annually and select a newchair at least once every two years.
(7) Eachcommittee shall meet as often as necessary to perform its responsibilities, buta minimum of four times per year. Each committee shall report to the Council asnecessary.
(8) TheAdministrative Office shall serve as the secretariat to the executivecommittees.
Effective May 1, 2020