To identify the responsibilities of the Chief Justice as the presiding officer of the Council.
This rule shall apply to the judiciary.
Statement of the Rule:
It is the responsibility of the presiding officer to:
(1) preside at meetings of the Council;
(2) supervise the implementation of Council policies;
(3) serve as chief spokesperson for the judiciary;
(4) supervise the state court administrator;
(5) supervise the administration of the judiciary;
(6) approve the establishment of and appointment to positions subordinate to the state court administrator; and
(7) perform such other duties as prescribed by law or delegated by the Council.