To establishthe authority of local courts to adopt local supplemental rules for theadministration of the courts.
To ensure thatlocal supplemental rules are adopted consistently with this Code.
To establish aprocedure for the adoption and ratification of local supplemental rules.
This rule shallapply to all courts of record and not of record.
Statement ofthe Rule:
(1) The judgesof a court may adopt rules needed to supplement this Code and to govern theadministration of their courts.
(2) Localsupplemental rules shall be approved by the presiding judge and by a majorityof the judges in the judicial district, or, in single-judge courts, by thejudge.
(3) Theappropriate Board shall review the rule for consistency with this Code, itspotential application to courts of equal jurisdiction and its potentialapplication to all courts of record and not of record.
(4) If theproposed rule is approved by the Board the Board shall submit it to the Councilfor ratification. The Council shall publish the rule for comment as provided inRule 2-203 and establish an effective date, which may be an expedited effectivedate, as provided in Rule 2-205 and Rule 2-206.
(5) Rulesratified by the Council shall be published in this Code.