To establish the administrative duties and responsibilities of individual judges.
This rule shall apply to all judges of courts of record and not of record.
Statement of the Rule:
(1) It is the duty and responsibility of individual judges to cooperate with judges from all levels of courts, their presiding judges, their respective Boards and the Council in the development and implementation of court policy, goals and rules of administration.
(2) In courts of record, it is the duty and responsibility of individual judges to consult with the presiding judge and to encourage court employees to consult with court executives on matters of judicial administration. In courts not of record, it is the responsibility of individual judges to consult with and encourage court employees to consult with the justice court administrator on matters of judicial administration.
(3) It is the duty and responsibility of individual judges to manage their court responsibilities consistently with the administrative goals of the Council and the fair and efficient administration of justice.
(4) It is the duty and responsibility of individual judges to give prior notice of their absence from the court for vacation or education purposes to the presiding judge, to determine when additional administrative or judicial assistance is necessary and to convey that need in a timely manner to the presiding judge.
(5) In multi-judge jurisdictions, individual judges shall provide recommendations and directives to the court executive and the Administrative Office through the presiding judge.