To delegate the authority for the election of members and leaders of the various Boards to the Boards themselves or to the judges of the respective courts.
To minimize the costs of organization and administration of the Boards by coordinating the election of members of all Boards.
This rule shall apply to all Boards of Judges, except the Board of Senior Judges.
Statement of the Rule:
(1) The judges of the respective courts shall determine an appropriate term of office for the members of their Board. Election to the Board of a court of record shall take place at the annual judicial conference. Election to the Board of Justice Court Judges shall take place at the annual spring training conference. After an election or upon any change in membership, each Board shall certify to the Council the names of its members.
(2) A member of a Board may also serve as a member of the Council.
(3) Each Board shall establish the position of chair of the Board and other positions of leadership as the Board deems appropriate. Each Board shall establish the term and manner of election to such offices. Each Board shall certify to the Council the names of the chair and other officers of the Board.
(4) The Administrative Office shall serve as secretariat to the Boards.
(5) Members of the Boards may receive reimbursement for actual and necessary expenses incurred in the execution of their duties as members.