Finding Legal Help
You are not required to hire an attorney, but legal matters can be complicated. Consider talking to an attorney to go over your options. See the Finding Legal Help page for information about free and low cost ways to get legal help.
Como encontrar ayuda legal
Usted no está obligado a contratar un abogado, pero los asuntos legales pueden ser complicados. Considere la posibilidad de hablar con un abogado para hablar de sus opciones. Para información sobre cómo obtener ayuda legal vea nuestra página Como encontrar ayuda legal.
Appellate Court Live Audio Streaming and Audio Archive
- Appellate Court Oral Argument Calendars
- District and Justice Court Calendars
District and Justice Court Calendars list all scheduled court activity for a two-week period. Updated daily.
XChange is a paid subscription-based clearinghouse of court information. It is the electronic equivalent of an information counter for all Utah's district courts.
Appellate Docket Search
Search for information about appellate court cases.
Appellate Court Opinions
Opinions issued by the Supreme Court and Court of Appeals.
Information and court-approved forms and instruction available to lawyers and self-represented parties.
Law student and law school graduate special practice forms
(Supreme Court Rule of Rule of Professional Practice 14-807)
- Certificate of eligibility, stipulation and permission for participation - PDF | Word
- Bar Admissions Certificate - PDF | Word
- Request for Certificate of Good Standing from the Utah Supreme Court
- Request for Certificate of Good Standing from the Utah State Bar (utahbar.org)
- Request for Replacement of Utah Supreme Court Attorney Certificate - PDF
Enhanced Courtesy Brief
Pilot program to require submission of electronic courtesy briefs to the Utah Supreme Court and the Utah Court of Appeals per Utah Supreme Court Standing Order No. 8
- Saving Documents in PDF Format
- Creating Hyperlinks in PDF Documents
- Enhanced Courtesy Brief Example (with hyperlinks)
Utah State Bar - Judges Benchbook (litigation.utahbar.org)
A resource of expected courtroom demeanor for attorneys who appear before the court, as explained by judges across the state.
Disclosure and Discovery
Rules and Statutes
- Court Rules
- State Statutes (le.utah.gov)
- Utah Administrative Code (rules.utah.gov)
- Utah Standards Of Professionalism and Civility
- Utah State Court Directory
- Cap On Damages
- Consumer Price Index
- Interest Rates
- Law Library
- Model Utah Jury Instructions
- Judges' Biographies
- Boards and Committees
Utah State Bar (utahbar.org)
- Pro Hac Vice Instructions and Information
- Request for Certificate of Good Standing from the Utah State Bar
- Utah State Bar Resources page
- Consumer Assistance Program to Resolve Conflicts
- Utah State Bar Membership Directory
Court Transcribers - PDF
State Legal Resources
Business Entity and Principal Search, Businesses Associated with Individuals, Driver's License Search Utah.gov Network Registration, Tax Payments, Business Registration, Uniform Commercial Code Filings, Continuations & Terminations, etc.
Out of State Attorneys
Receive e-mail notification when new opinions are posted.
The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.