Finding Legal Help
You are not required to hire an attorney, but legal matters can be complicated. Consider talking to an attorney to go over your options. See the Finding Legal Help page for information about free and low cost ways to get legal help.
Como encontrar ayuda legal
Usted no está obligado a contratar un abogado, pero los asuntos legales pueden ser complicados. Considere la posibilidad de hablar con un abogado para hablar de sus opciones. Para información sobre cómo obtener ayuda legal vea nuestra página Como encontrar ayuda legal.
Utah State Law Library
The State Law Library is open to the public. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except federal and state holidays.
- Patrons can use the library's computers to access XChange, OCAP and forms on the court's website, as well as our print collection (briefs, superseded Utah code, and other materials), and use the library's copier and scanner.
Patrons are welcome to:
- use the library's computers to access XChange, OCAP and forms on the court's website;
- access our print collection (briefs, superseded Utah code, and other materials);
- use the library's copier and scanner.
- Effective Monday May, 24, 2021, court patrons and personnel are not required to wear masks in court buildings.
- Court patrons and personnel who have not been fully vaccinated are strongly encouraged to wear masks.
- Patrons should practice physical distancing from staff and other patrons.
Library staff continue to provide help by phone and email.
Patrons can access XChange at many district court locations. Call ahead to verify that a specific courthouse has XChange access.
The library is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except federal and state holidays.
The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.