Finding Legal Help
You are not required to hire an attorney, but legal matters can be complicated. Consider talking to an attorney to go over your options. See the Finding Legal Help page for information about free and low cost ways to get legal help.
Como encontrar ayuda legal
Usted no está obligado a contratar un abogado, pero los asuntos legales pueden ser complicados. Considere la posibilidad de hablar con un abogado para hablar de sus opciones. Para información sobre cómo obtener ayuda legal vea nuestra página Como encontrar ayuda legal.
eFiling Video Tips for Attorneys
Here is a series of short videos on the basics of eFiling and how to avoid common mistakes.
- Creating a Valid PDF. Video tutorial on creating searchable PDF documents.
- Criminal eFiling Tips for Attorneys. Video tutorial on how to file a Criminal Information, including case initiation, offense entry, and document submission.
- eFiling Tips for Attorneys. A 15-minute video on the basics of eFiling and how to avoid common mistakes.
- Efiling Tips for Filing Probate Cases. Common filer questions and mistakes when efiling probate cases.
- Electronic Signatures. Video tutorial on special electronic signatures (signatures in behalf of another person, notarized signatures, verified signatures)
- Entering Document Titles. Video tutorial on adding accurate titles to your efiled documents.
- Entering Party Information. Video tutorial on correctly adding case parties in efiling.
- Filing a Debt Collection Case. Video tutorial on how to file a Debt Collection case, including case initiation, judgment, and post judgment activities.
- Filing Exhibits. Video tutorial on how to submit exhibits in efiling.
- Filing Large Documents. Video tutorial on splitting documents larger than 7 MB and filing them properly in efiling.
- Filing Returns of Service. Video tutorial on the different return document types and when each should be used.
- Managing Cases and Notifications for Criminal Prosecutors. As a prosecuting attorney, learn how to manage cases and notifications in efiling.
- Redacting Private Information. Video tutorial on ensuring privileged information is kept private in efiling.
- Selecting the Correct Document Type. Video tutorial on finding the correct document type, including discussion of the most commonly misused document types.
- Why Can't I see Case History or Documents? Video tutorial on common mistakes that may be causing your efiling issues.
The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.