Utah Supreme Court
NOTICE: As a preliminary step toward electronic filing, we request that you submit all original filings without staples or binding (paperclipped is preferred). While we recognize that this is a departure from the Rules of Appellate Procedure, all other requirements under the rules are in force, including binding of copies where applicable.
Utah Supreme Court Justices
Supreme Court Courtroom
This Week's Opinions
View the notice of upcoming Opinions from the Utah Supreme Court.
Supreme Court Live Audio Streaming and Audio Archive
Listen to the Oral Arguments.
Supreme Court Opinions
All Supreme Court opinions published since 1996.
Supreme Court Oral Argument Calendars
View oral argument calendars
Supreme Court Standing Orders
Read the Supreme Court Standing Orders.
Appellate Docket Search
Search for appellate cases by case number.
Petitions for Certiorari
View Petitions for Certiorari.
The Utah Court of Appeals created the Appellate Mediation Office in 1998 to allow parties an alternative method of resolving their disputes.
Overview of the Utah Supreme Court
Read about the functions of the Utah Supreme Court.
Supreme Court Justices
Read the biographies of the Supreme Court Justices.
Appellate Court Checklists
- Checklist for Appellate Jurisdiction - PDF | WordPerfect
- Checklist for Petitions: Writ of Certiorari - PDF
- Checklist for Briefs - PDF
- Checklist for Appellant's Reply Briefs - PDF | WordPerfect
- Checklist for Petition for Rehearing - PDF
- Certificate of Compliance with Rule 24(f)(1) - PDF | WordPerfect
Appellate Procedure Guides and Forms
See our Appeals page
Brief on Disc
Fees & Filing Information
- Appellate Clerk's Office
Hours and Location
- Appellate Court Fees and Information - PDF
- Cameras in Appellate Courtrooms - PDF
- Clerkships in the Courts
- Court Reporters Approved to Report Proceedings in a Capital Case - PDF
- Court Transcribers (Official List) - PDF
- Email Filing Information
Policy and Number for Utah's Appellate Courts
- Notification Service
Get e-mail notification when Appellate opinions are posted.
- Problem Solving Courts
- Resources for Attorneys
- State Law Library
Hours, location and resources.
- Supreme Court Directory
- Court of Appeals Directory
- Utah Standards of Professionalism and Civility
as recommended by the Supreme Courts' Advisory Committee on Professionalism.
The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.