Utah Court of Appeals
NOTICE: As a preliminary step toward electronic filing, we request that you submit all original filings without staples or binding (paperclipped is preferred). While we recognize that this is a departure from the Rules of Appellate Procedure, all other requirements under the rules are in force, including binding of copies where applicable.
Utah Court of Appeals Judges
What's New at the Utah Court of Appeals - June 2014 - PDF
This Week's Decisions/Opinions
View the notice of upcoming Decisions and Opinions from the Utah Court of Appeals.
Court of Appeals Live Audio Streaming and Audio Archive
Listen to the Oral Arguments.
Utah Court of Appeals Opinions
View Court of Appeals Published and Unpublished Decisions.
Utah Court of Appeals Court Oral Argument Calendars
Oral Argument Calendars and Law and Motion Calendars.
Appellate Docket Search
Search for appellate cases by case number.
Overview of the Utah Court of Appeals
Learn about the Utah Court of Appeals.
Court of Appeals Judges
Read the biographies of the Utah Court of Appeals judges.
Appellate Court Checklists
- Checklist for Appellate Jurisdiction - PDF | Word
- Checklist for Petitions: Writ of Certiorari - PDF
- Checklist for Briefs - PDF
- Checklist for Appellant's Reply Briefs - PDF
- Checklist for Petition for Rehearing - PDF
- Certificate of Compliance with Rule 24(f)(1) - PDF | WordPerfect
Appellate Procedure Guides and Forms
See our Appeals page
Brief on Disc
- Appellate Clerk's Office
Hours and Location
- Appellate Court Fees and Information - PDF
- Cameras in Appellate Courtrooms - PDF
- Clerkships in the Courts
- Court Reporters Approved to Report Proceedings in a Capital Case - PDF
- Court Transcribers (Official List) - PDF
- Email Filing Information
Policy and Number for Utah's Appellate Courts
- Notification Service
Get e-mail notification when Appellate opinions are posted.
- Problem Solving Courts
- Resources for Attorneys
- State Law Library
Hours, location and resources.
- Supreme Court Directory
- Court of Appeals Directory
- Utah Standards of Professionalism and Civility
as recommended by the Supreme Courts' Advisory Committee on Professionalism.
The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.