CJA11-0401.Standing Committee on Appellate Representation and the Appellate Roster. Amend.
URAP038B. Qualifications for Appointed Appellate Counsel. Amend.
URAP058. Ruling. Amend.
The following is a brief summary of the rule amendments:
- Updates terminology in Rule 11-401 to address legislative changes;
- Addresses in Rule 11-401 the addition to the Appellate Roster of appeals of private parental termination cases from the district court;
- Adds a mentoring provision to Rule 11-401;
- Adds a rolling admissions provision to Rule 11-401;
- Addresses in Rule 11-401 the Indigent Defense Commission’s role with the committee;
- Merges the provisions of Appellate Rule 38B into Rule 11-401;
- Addresses in Rules 38B and 11-401 the role of attorneys’ contracts with government entities to represent indigent individuals on appeal prior to Rule 11-401’s adoption;
- Addresses the tension between Rule 55 and the child welfare appellate roster in Rule 58;
- Adds transparency to the Appellate Roster vetting process; and
- Amends the Appellate Roster reconsideration process.