Welcome! The Utah State Courts' Self-Help Center (SHC) provides free legal help to people who do not have a lawyer.
The SHC provides information to help you understand your rights and responsibilities, and to help you resolve your legal problems on your own if you cannot afford an attorney or if you choose not to hire one. We look forward to helping you.
Self-Help Center staff attorneys can:
- answer questions about the law, court process and options
- provide court forms and instructions and help completing forms
- provide information about your case
- provide information about mediation services, legal advice and representation through pro bono and low cost legal services, legal aid programs and lawyer referral services
- provide information about resources provided by law libraries
A Few Cautions
- The SHC cannot give you legal advice or represent you in court.
- The SHC attorney is not your lawyer.
Self-Help Center Services
The Self-Help Resources page provides information and forms for many kinds of cases.
Toll-free Telephone Help Line
The help line is very busy.
Look for information on the Self-Help Resources page before calling - the answer to your question may be easier to find than you think.
State Law Library staff can help you navigate the courts' website.