Utah Rules of Civil Procedure
Utah Rules of Civil Procedure
Search the Utah Rules of Civil Procedure
Part I Scope of Rules - One Form of Action
- Rule 1 General provisions.
- Rule 1 General provisions. (superseded 11/1/2011)
- Rule 2 One form of action.
Part II Commencement of Action; Service of Process, Pleadings, Motions and Orders
- Rule 3 Commencement of action.
- Rule 4 Process.
- Rule 5 Service and filing of pleadings and other papers.
- Rule 6 Time.
Part III Pleadings, Motions, and Orders
- Rule 7 Pleadings allowed; motions, memoranda, hearings, orders.
- Rule 8 General rules of pleadings.
- Rule 8 General rules of pleadings. (superseded 11/1/2011)
- Rule 9 Pleading special matters.
- Rule 9 Pleading special matters. (superseded 11/1/2011)
- Rule 10 Form of pleadings and other papers.
- Rule 11 Signing of pleadings, motions, and other papers; representations to court; sanctions.
- Rule 12 Defenses and objections.
- Rule 13 Counterclaim and cross-claim.
- Rule 14 Third-party practice.
- Rule 15 Amended and supplemental pleadings.
- Rule 16 Pretrial conferences.
- Rule 16 Pretrial conferences. (superseded 11/1/2011)
Part IV Parties
- Rule 17 Parties plaintiff and defendant.
- Rule 18 Joinder of claims and remedies.
- Rule 19 Joinder of persons needed for just adjudication.
- Rule 20 Permissive joinder of parties.
- Rule 21 Misjoinder and non-joinder of parties.
- Rule 22 Interpleader.
- Rule 23 Class actions.
- Rule 23A Derivative actions by shareholders.
- Rule 24 Intervention.
- Rule 25 Substitution of parties.
Part V Depositions and Discovery
- Rule 26 General provisions governing disclosure and discovery.
- Rule 26 General provisions governing disclosure and discovery. (superseded 11/1/2011)
- Rule 26.1 Disclosure in domestic relations actions.
- Rule 26.2. Disclosures in personal injury actions.
- Rule 27 Depositions before action or pending appeal.
- Rule 28 Persons before whom depositions may be taken.
- Rule 29 Stipulations regarding disclosure and discovery procedure.
- Rule 29 Stipulations regarding disclosure and discovery procedure. (superseded 11/1/2011)
- Rule 30 Depositions upon oral questions.
- Rule 30 Depositions upon oral questions. (superseded 11/1/2011)
- Rule 31 Depositions upon written questions.
- Rule 31 Depositions upon written questions. (superseded 11/1/2011)
- Rule 32 Use of depositions in court proceedings.
- Rule 33 Interrogatories to parties.
- Rule 33 Interrogatories to parties. (superseded 11/1/2011)
- Rule 34 Production of documents and things and entry upon land for inspection and other purposes.
- Rule 34 Production of documents and things and entry upon land for inspection and other purposes. (superseded 11/1/2011)
- Rule 35 Physical and mental examination of persons.
- Rule 35 Physical and mental examination of persons. (superseded 11/1/2011)
- Rule 36 Request for admission.
- Rule 36 Request for admission. (superseded 11/1/2011)
- Rule 37 Discovery and disclosure motions; Sanctions.
- Rule 37 Discovery and disclosure motions; Sanctions. (superseded 11/1/2011)
Part VI Trials
- Rule 38 Jury trial of right
- Rule 39 Trial by jury or by the court.
- Rule 40 Assignment of cases for trial; continuance.
- Rule 41 Dismissal of actions.
- Rule 42 Consolidation; separate trials.
- Rule 43 Evidence.
- Rule 44 Proof of official record.
- Rule 45 Subpoena.
- Rule 46 Exceptions unnecessary.
- Rule 47 Jurors.
- Rule 48 Juries of less than eight - Majority verdict.
- Rule 49 Special verdicts and interrogatories.
- Rule 50 Motion for a directed verdict and for judgment notwithstanding the verdict.
- Rule 51 Instructions to jury; objections.
- Rule 52 Findings by the court; correction of the record.
- Rule 53 Masters.
Part VII Judgment
- Rule 54 Judgments; costs.
- Rule 54 Judgments; costs. (superseded 11/1/2011)
- Rule 55 Default.
- Rule 56 Summary judgment.
- Rule 57 Declaratory judgments.
- Rule 58A Entry of judgment; abstract of judgment.
- Rule 58B Satisfaction of judgment.
- Rule 59 New trials; amendments of judgment.
- Rule 60 Relief from judgment or order.
- Rule 61 Harmless error.
- Rule 62 Stay of proceedings to enforce a judgment.
- Rule 63 Disability or disqualification of a judge.
- Rule 63A Change of judge as a matter of right.
Part VIII Provisional and Final Remedies and Special Proceedings
- Rule 64 Writs in general.
- Rule 64A Prejudgment writs in general.
- Rule 64B Writ of replevin.
- Rule 64C Writ of Attachment.
- Rule 64D Writ of garnishment.
- Rule 64E Writ of execution.
- Rule 64F REPEALED.
- Rule 64G REPEALED.
- Rule 65A Injunctions.
- Rule 65B Extraordinary relief.
- Rule 65C Post-conviction relief.
- Rule 66 Receivers.
- Rule 67 Deposit in court.
- Rule 68 Settlement offers.
- Rule 69 REPEALED.
- Rule 69A Seizure of property.
- Rule 69B Sale of property; delivery of property.
- Rule 69C Redemption of real property after sale.
- Rule 70 Judgment for specific acts; vesting title.
- Rule 71 Process in behalf of and against persons not parties.
- Rule 71B REPEALED
- Rule 72. Property bonds.
Part IX Attorneys
- Rule 73. Attorney fees.
- Rule 74 Withdrawal of counsel.
- Rule 75 Limited appearance.
- Rule 76 Notice of contact information change.
Part X District courts and clerks
- Rule 77 District courts and clerks.
- Rule 78 REPEALED
- Rule 79 REPEALED
- Rule 80 REPEALED
Part XI General Provisions
- Rule 81 Applicability of rules in general.
- Rule 82 Jurisdiction and venue unaffected.
- Rule 83 Vexatious litigants.
- Rule 84 Forms.
- Rule 85 Title
Part XII Family Law
- Rule 100. Coordination of cases pending in district court and juvenile court.
- Rule 101. Motion practice before court commissioners.
- Rule 102. Motion and order for payment of costs and fees.
- Rule 103. Child support worksheets.
- Rule 104. Divorce decree upon affidavit.
- Rule 105. Shortening 90 day waiting period in domestic matters.
- Rule 106. Modification of final domestic relations order.
- Rule 107. Decree of adoption; Petition to open adoption records.
- Rule 108. Objection to court commissioner's recommendation.