Rule 9-107. Justice court technology, security, and training account.
To establish the process for allocation of funds from the Justice Court Technology, Security, and Training restricted account.
This rule shall apply to all applications for and allocations from the account.
Statement of the Rule:
(1) Any governmental entity that operates or has applied to operate a justice court may apply for funds from the account for qualifying projects. Local governmental entities may only use the funds for one-time purposes, and preference will be given to applications that propose to use the funds for new initiatives rather than for supplanting existing efforts.
(2) The Board of Justice Court Judges, through the Administrative Office of the Courts, may apply for funds from the account for qualifying projects.
(3) The Administrative Office of the Courts may apply for funds from the account for qualifying projects, and may use the funds for ongoing support of those projects.
(4) Qualifying projects are those that meet the statutory requirements for the use of the account funds.
(5) Funds will be distributed on or about July 1 of each year in which funds are available, and applications for those funds must be made by April 15 of the same year on forms available from the Administrative Office of the Courts. All applications for funds shall be first reviewed and prioritized by the Board of Justice Court Judges, and that recommendation, along with all timely applications shall then be forwarded to the Management Committee of the Judicial Council. The Management Committee will then make the final awards.
(6) An entity receiving funds shall file with the Board of Justice Court Judges an accounting, including proof of acquisition of the goods or services for which the award was granted. The accounting shall be filed no later than July 15 for activity during the previous fiscal year.