Utah has an emancipation law (Utah Code §78A-6-801 to 78A-6-805) which allows a minor 16 years or older to ask the juvenile court to declare them emancipated. Emancipation gives a minor under eighteen the rights and responsibilities of an adult.

Forms for Emancipation of Minors

The following forms are needed to request emancipation.

Page Last Modified: 8/11/2011
Return to Top