Utah State Courts Legal Resources
Links and resources designed with members of the legal community in mind.
- eFiling Information
- eRecords (Juvenile Court)
- Attorney Resources
- Appellate Court Opinions
- Opinion/Decision Release Schedule
- Live and On Demand Audio
- Audio Records and Transcripts
- Cap on Damages
Utah Code Section 78B-3-410 establishes a cap on non-economic losses in malpractice actions against health care providers.
- Consumer Price Index
Section 75-1-110 requires the Administrative Office of the Courts to report changes in the Consumer Price Index (Annual Average) for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U), U.S. City Average, reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, United States Department of Labor.
- Court Filing, Transcript, & Record Fees
- FAQs About Disclosure and Discovery
- Guardianship Signature Program
- Income Guidelines for Appointment of Counsel in Criminal Cases
For the appointment of counsel in criminal cases, information has been generated from the HHS poverty guidelines.
- Interest Rates
Pursuant to §15-1-4, the post judgment interest rates for the current and previous years are as follows. This rate does not apply to judgments based on contracts or statutes specifying a different interest rate.
- Interpreter Information
Interpreter lists, training, information, and administration.
- Model Utah Jury Instructions
- Request a Transcript
- Self-Help Resources
Information and court-approved forms and instruction available to lawyers and self-represented parties.
- Service Member Attorney Volunteers
Information and forms for lawyers who volunteer to provide limited legal help to service members who have defaulted by failing to answer a civil complaint or petition or small claims affidavit.
- Transcriber Management System